Advertisement

Lawrence man pleads not guilty in connection with county-wide drug distribution

Rafael Rosario, 40, of 344 Hampshire St., Lawrence, pleaded not guilty to distribution of a class B drug at an Oct. 14 arraignment at Waltham District Court.

Waltham police arrested Rosario at 7:27 p.m. on Oct. 10 in connection with multiple drug transactions that officers said they witnessed take place in the city in the two days leading up to his arrest.

According to the police report, officers in June obtained information that Rosario was allegedly involved in cocaine distribution across Middlesex County. Police said the information came from an individual previously known by officers to be involved in narcotics use.

The police report also said the individual conducted a controlled purchase of cocaine from Rosario in June and provided officers with information about the vehicles he operated during July and August. The report further noted that officers confirmed this information to be accurate through surveillance of Rosario.

Rosario had been released from the House of Correction earlier this year and was on probation, having been arrested in Waltham in 2023 and sentenced in Waltham District Court a year later. 

The Suburban Middlesex County Drug Task Force executed a search warrant on Rosario and seized 13 bags of cocaine, leading to the previous arrest, according to the report.

The police report said that on Oct. 10, officers confirmed they saw Rosario conduct a drug transaction after locating cocaine on the other party involved. Officers then located and arrested Rosario nearby. 

Waltham District Court Judge Ellen M Caulo sent Rosario to Middlesex Jail in Billerica in lieu of his $15,000 bail.

He is scheduled to appear at Waltham District Court for a pretrial hearing on Nov. 13.

Additional court actions

Advertisement

Ernest S. Kinas, 58, homeless, of Waltham, pleaded not guilty to trespassing and misdemeanor breaking and entering at an Oct. 15 arraignment. Kinas was arrested by Waltham police on a warrant for trespassing at 3:56 p.m. on Oct. 9. Kinas was released from Waltham District Court on the condition that he appear for a Lavallee hearing on Dec. 1.

Yovensy S. Destine, 26, of 92 Chester Lane, Waltham, pleaded not guilty to four counts of assault with a dangerous weapon at an Oct. 15 arraignment. Destine was arrested by Waltham police following an incident at 8:44 a.m. earlier the same day. He was released from Waltham District Court on the condition that he appear for a pretrial hearing on Oct. 27.

Dieuseul Stvaliere, 45, of 16 Chester Lane, Waltham, pleaded not guilty to resisting arrest at an Oct. 20 arraignment. Stvaliere was arrested by Waltham police on a warrant for larceny of a credit card, improper use of a credit card and receiving a stolen credit card at 1:42 p.m. on Oct. 18. Stvaliere was released from Waltham District Court on the condition that he appear for a pretrial hearing on Dec. 9.

Waltham District Court Judge Ellen M. Caulo rescheduled an Oct. 22 probable cause hearing for Schleiden Meneide, 37, of 265 Village Circle Way, Manchester, New Hampshire. Meneide pleaded not guilty to 15 counts of possession of a large-capacity firearm, two counts of improper storage of a large-capacity firearm, possession of a silencer with the intent to use or sell, possession of ammunition without a firearms identification card, and a fugitive from justice charge at an arraignment on July 29. He is currently being held at the Middlesex Jail in Billerica. Meneide is scheduled to appear via Zoom at Waltham District Court for a probable cause hearing on Nov. 20.

Author

Isabella Lapriore is a Boston University senior studying journalism, political science and Latin American studies. Her reporting has appeared in The Boston Globe and Rhode Island’s The Valley Breeze.

Close the CTA
Heading
Close the CTA